Do you need to know how to play Texas Hold Em Poker? Do you want to know the secrets to how to win? In this article I am going to reveal to you complete instructions for playing and winning.
Texas Hold Em Poker is a simplified form of poker. It is actually a lot easier to learn than other types of poker. It took me a long time to learn 7 card stud however I picked up Hold Em very quickly and was playing – and winning – in under an hour.
In this article I’m going to teach you everything you need to know to win Texas Hold Em. I am going to the cover the main areas you need to focus on to became a winning poker player.
The Hands You Need To Play To Be A Winning Poker Player
Pretty much, there are a few different types of hands you need to play to win easily. I will outline these below.
- Premium hands. These include any cards over a Jack together. They can be any suit.
- Pocket pairs. No matter how high or low your pocket pair is it will always be a strong hand.
- High cards. These are any cards above a King. They can be any suit.
- Middle cards. These are whatever cards are between a 3 and a 6. They are definitely weaker than the higher cards but not by far.
- Low cards. These are whatever cards are between a 7 and a Queen. They are again obviously much weaker than the cards above them, but can still be strong.
- Draw cards. The only type of hand that is guaranteed to make you money is the draw hands. These are any combination of the cards you can get dealt that have the potential to be a winning hand.
- Turn cards. The turn is the fourth card in the community, dealt face up. Players will hope the dealer’s exposed card is higher than their own, otherwise they’ll give up a portion of their bet to the house.
- Pocket cards. These are the only cards in the deck that aren’t discussed anywhere else. They are the bulk of the hand, they are what the game is all about.
- Community cards. The term ‘community cards’ is used to describe all cards dealt into play, regardless of their strength, that are available to all players.
- Turn and river cards. The final cards dealt into play, these are dealt face up and are named as such because they are ‘the river and the turn’.
Eleven – Betting. This is the process by which the players in the game bet, raise or check (depending on their cards) whether they hold a good hand or not.
Twelve – Some specific poker rules. In addition to the general rules, there are a few rules relevant to the game, which will help the players even more. These include exceptions for when to raise, fold, play folding, take the commission, and deal the cards.
The Next Steps
Once you are done reading you should be able to go to a kartupoker ready to play. Before you do this though, you should go and make sure you’ve understood the general rules. The best way to do this is to actually play the game yourself and experience it for yourself. Only then can you bring back the knowledge of how to effectively bet.